Thursday 16 January 2014

Sunanda is unwell, says Tharoor on Facebook, seeks privacy.



The Shashi Tharoor-Sunanda Pushkar-Mehr Tarar triangle which kept the microblogging site Twitter abuzz on Thursday seems to have now moved to Facebook.

In an attempt to put the controversy to an end, former Union Minister and his wife posted a joint statement on Tharoor's Facebook page, saying that the couple were distressed following the controversy. They pleaded privacy.   


"We are distressed by the unseemly controversy that has arisen about some unauthorised tweets from our Twitter accounts," the post read.

Tharoor said in the post, "Various distorted accounts of comments allegedly made by Sunanda have appeared in the press. It appears that some personal and private comments responding to these unauthorised tweets -- comments that were not intended for publication -- have been misrepresented and led to some erroneous conclusions."

Trying to dispel reports that there was trouble in their three-and-a-half-year-old marriage, Tharoor posted on Facebook, "We wish to stress that we are happily married and intend to remain that way. Sunanda has been ill and hospitalised this week and is seeking to rest. We would be grateful if the media respects our privacy."

Following a series of tweets from Tharoor's Twitter account on Thursday which talked about the former minister love affair with a former Pakistani journalist, Tharoor said his account was hacked.

However, in a report published in the Economic Times, Sunanda was quoted as saying that she sent out the tweets. "Our accounts have not been hacked and I have been sending out these tweets. I cannot tolerate this. This is a Pakistani woman who is an ISI (Inter Services Intelligence) agent, and she is stalking my husband. And you know how men are. He is flattered by the attention. I took upon myself the crimes of this man during IPL (Indian Premier League). I will not allow this to be done to me. I just can't tolerate this. I have nothing more to say."

In another report published in the Indian Express, she said, "I completely stand by my tweets, I 100 per cent stand by that. That woman pursued and pursued him... men are stupid anyways...for all you know she is a Pakistani agent. Where's love, where's loyalty in this world...I am so distraught."

She further told the newspaper that she would be seeking divorce from Tharoor. However, replying to Headlines Today's Ruchica Tomar on Twitter on Thursday, she wrote, "for her information Shashi and I are very happy together sad for her to know i guess i get sick and go away 4 treatment &the vultures pounce."



0 comments:

Post a Comment