Thursday 9 October 2014

Modi is opposition leader? Our favourite Rahul Gandhi facepalm moments

So, Rahul Gandhi has done it again. This time, he referred to Prime MinisterNarendra Modi as "opposition leader".
"An opposition leader says nothing happened in the last 60 years. Their thinking is that only one man can take the country forward," Rahul said addressing his maiden campaign rally for the October 15 Maharashtra Assembly poll.
But this is not a first. The Congress leader has had many facepalm moments. Here's a look at Gandhi's five most famous bloopers.

Rahul-Gandhi1_reuters
What Rahul said: 10 out of 7 youths in Punjab are drug addicts
What it means: I suck at maths. But some study conducted on a sample of 700 people said 70 percent were drug addicts. So, this is my conclusion. Right, no?

Rahul-Gandhi2_reuters
What Rahul said: Power is poison, poverty is a state of mind
What it means: I said power, poison, poverty. Am I not cool with alliterations?

Rahul-Gandhi3_reuters
What Rahul said: Gujarat is bigger than the United Kingdom. India is you know, bigger than Europe and the United States put together.
What it means: If Gujarat is bigger than UK and since it's in India...Okay, did I not tell you I also suck at logic?

Rahul-Gandhi4_reuters
What Rahul said: Politics is in your shirt, in your pant
What it means: Look, I wear shirt and pant. And guess what? I am a politician from head to toe.

Rahul-Gandhi5_reuters

0 comments:

Post a Comment