Tuesday 19 November 2013

Arvind Kejriwal is honest but he made the mistake of using my photo for elections, says Anna Hazare.

Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal is honest but he made the mistake of using my photo in election campaigns, social activist Anna Hazare said on Wednesday.

"There is no divide between us, only differences," he told reporters.

"AAP does not have the permission to use my name for election campaigning," he said.

Hazare also said that he never accused Kejriwal of misusing funds collected by India Against Corruption (IAC) during the Jan Lokpal Bill agitation of 2011.

"I have never said Arvind misappropriated funds. I'm concerned about my credibility. I only wanted a clarification from him on IAC funds

He then snapped at media persons asking: 'Why are you making us (Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal) fight?"

If my guru questions my integrity, it's a serious issue: Kejrwal 

Reacting to Hazare's objections, Arvind Kejriwal denied using the activist's photo for poll campaigning.

He also said he never told people that Anna Hazare was part of AAP.

He said he only used Anna's name while talking about the jan Lokpal agitation which was a historical fact, like the killing of Mahatma Gandhi or the Quit India movement.

On the alleged misuse of funds, he said he was ready for an public probe into the allegations.

"I have only earned honesty and if my guru questions my integrity, for me it is a serious issue," he told reporters.

It is natural for Congress and BJP leaders to fling allegations at me, but Anna makes an allegation, it is a serious issue for me."

"We want that there should be a public and transparent investigation against the allegations," he said.


0 comments:

Post a Comment